Business and Administration Apprentice with Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form (Inspiration Trust)
An excellent opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice to provide administrative and clerical support services for Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form, part of the Inspiration Trust group.
Main purpose of the role
- To provide administrative and clerical support services to a high standard, supporting PA to Principal, and Principal
- To work within a team of multi-skilled administrators, leading on specific areas of responsibilities as directed by supervisor, eg reception duties
- To provide flexibility to enable the Admin team to cope with peak workloads and staff absence
Principal accountabilities or activities
- To undertake administrative, secretarial, word processing/typing, computing and information/data services, ensuring functions efficiently meet the needs of the Trust. Where required to assist with other non-teaching support services
- To undertake reception duties in conjunction with other administrative staff
- To offer a professional and courteous service to all stakeholders, ensuring all visitors are made to feel welcome and provide hospitality as required
- To receive promptly to any telephone and other messages, and to deal with as appropriate, assisting with any routine queries
- To undertake photocopying, laminating, filing, scanning, attaching files to documents, faxing, shredding and emailing as appropriate
- Facilitating and attending meetings as required
- Ordering, storing and replacing printer cartridges in printers
- To distribute incoming post and prepare outgoing post
- To undertake any other duties of an administrative nature and any other duties that are within the scope of the post as determined by the Principal.
Skills required within this role:
- General clerical or administrative work (Desirable)
- Is fully competent at using ICT (Essential)
- Basic knowledge of first aid (Desirable)
- Ability to work on own initiative (Essential)
- Able to build good working relationships with stakeholders, working well with children and adults (Essential)
- Ability to work constructively and flexibly as part of a team (Essential)
- Ability to work well under pressure (Essential)
- Can meet deadlines by effective planning and time management (Essential)
- Calm and courteous approach (Essential)
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken (Essential)
- Participate in development and training opportunities (Essential)
- An understanding of Academy roles and responsibilities (Desirable)
- An understanding of the support function in an Academy setting and the wider Inspiration Trust setting (Desirable)
- Knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation (Desirable)
- Good understanding and ability to use relevant technology e.g. photocopier, emails etc. (Desirable)
Qualifications required: Maths and English at GCSE(or equivalent) grades A-C required. A positive attitude and a willingness to work towards equivalent qualifications is important. You will also be expected to undertake the Apprenticeship qualifications.
- Willingness to learn
- Common sense
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Comfortable working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be a highly motivated individual declaring honesty, integrity and reliability
- Aptitude for dealing with the public
- Smart appearance & Courteous manner
- Work flexibly
Future prospects: A permanent position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the Apprenticeship. The business is looking for somebody who wants to develop and gain a full time position following their Apprenticeship.
Reality check: You will be working 37 Hours per Week (Term Time Only), Monday to Friday, times TBC with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Annual leave must be taken during school holidays. Please be aware that the successful candidate will need to have an enhanced DBS check to ensure they are suitable to work in an environment with children.
Other important information: This position and Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience and begin to build a career. A permanent position may be possible at the end of your Apprenticeship based on performance.
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour (From April 1st 2017 this will be increasing to £3.50 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete: BIIAB Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration, Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and Functional Skills in Maths, English and Information and Communications Technology.
Course duration: Approx. 14 - 18 months
Multi Academy Trust providing education in 13 schools, across Norfolk and Suffolk, with ages ranging from nursery to 18.