Special Educational Needs (SEN) Local Offer
City College Norwich is passionate about supporting students with Learning Disabilities and/or Difficulties. The Curriculum Services team is responsible for ensuring that effective and appropriate support provision is allocated to students requiring assistance with accessing their academic studies.
On Course Support
- In class support can be one to one, where a member of Curriculum Services supports you on an individual basis in class
- Shared support where we support you and others in the class
- Discreet support where you might not want everyone to know and our support staff can help you without it being obvious
Off Course Support
Off course support to help with your course work, supporting you at lunchtime or taking you to your taxi, personal care etc
Our Specialist Staff are expert in:
Autism, ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Emotional Behavioural Difficulty, Hearing Impairment, Mental Health, Physical Disability, Severe Learning Difficulty, PMLD, Complex, Visual Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability team SpLD Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Irlen
- Speech and Language Therapist SaLT
- Assistive Technology (will provide list)
- RUG room for Autistic students
- Sensory room
- Independent living space
The Learning Environment
Images of key areas around the college- school 1, 2, 3, 6th form, HE, Apprenticeships, MINT
How do I get support?
Curriculum Services aims to support you to reach your full potential and achieve your goals. We strive to support you in becoming an independent learner and we adapt the support you need as your learning progresses
- If you have a Statement / LDA or EHCP - We will already be aware of your support needs before you come to college and will contact you to get the right kind of support to meet your needs. However, if you do not want support you can tell us at any point.
- Support on application - When you tick any of the boxes disclosing a disability or difficulty, we will discuss what level and type of support would be good for you.
- Once you are here and to help you achieve your outcomes, whether it’s at college, working off site provision we will ensure your needs are met and review the support at appropriate times with you.
To find out more about the support available to students, please contact our Supported Learning team on (01603) 773 241 or email@example.com.
Transition to College
To prepare for adulthood and starting at the college might be a bit of a worry, so you can come and look around to gain an insight into college.
You can also undertake a taster in the subject you are interested in the make sure you are making the right choice.