Experience of work is vital for the workforce of tomorrow.
Our college works with hundreds of employers to offer invaluable experiences of work for our students. Our students are the workforce of tomorrow and it is essential that they are given the opportunity to develop their skills, learn from real employers and prepare for their futures.
We need your help
To do this, we need your help in offering experiences of work.
This means giving our students the real work, experience of work that they simply cannot get within our college. This could be offering placements and work experiences, to running student ‘takeover’ events such as the ones we do at the Holiday Inn, Norwich International Airport and the Library Restaurant.
Get in touch
Whatever your sector, however big or small you are, we would love to hear from you if you are interested in giving our students experience of work.
5 benefits of offering experience of work
- You can influence the quality of future recruits by demonstrating the skills and qualities required for your organisation
- You can help develop the career plans of students by providing an insight into job roles and opportunities within your industry sector
- You can raise the community profile of your company as offering a placement will create a positive image for employees, students and parents
- Staff members will have the opportunity to develop their own professional interpersonal skills through mentoring or supervising
- Young people can bring fresh new ideas to your company
What can students do?
It is beneficial to the student if their programme is varied and actively involved in tasks where possible. (Students can also learn a lot from observing staff and activities too).
The student can undertake any reasonable activities so long as they are assessed as appropriate to the student’s capabilities
Consideration needs to be made for physical and psychological capabilities as well as experience and maturity
The student cannot carry out any illegal activities for their age e.g. sell alcohol, drive vehicles etc.