The friendly team in The Advice Shop offer expert advice, information and support on careers and helping you choose the right course.
The team are here to make sure that you have all the support and advice you need to allow you to focus on your studies and make your time at City College Norwich as enjoyable as possible.
What advice we offer
You can get careers advice and guidance on a full range of careers services including:
- 1:1 guidance appointments
- Help with CV writing
- Job and apprenticeship applications
- Interview preparation
- Support in applying for higher education/ university
There are a number of computer careers guidance programmes available in the Information Store A (mezzanine at the back), for which no appointment is necessary.
The Advice Shop also run careers and inspirational talks from local and national employers to help you prepare for the world of work.
Please see below for some other useful careers resources:
- National Careers Service
- Amazing Apprenticeships
- Find an apprenticeship
- icanbea - jobs and organisations in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Barclays life skills - preparation for the world of work, lots of interactive resources including virtual interview practice and a section for parents
- Which University - independent service offering information and advice to students and parents
- CV Library - allows you to search for jobs in your area and has 185,657 live vacancies across all industries.
- Careers Education Guidance Statement of Service
The Advice Shop is located in the Norwich Building opposite the main reception. Opening times are:
Term time: Monday-Wednesday 8:30am – 5pm, Thursday 8.30 – 7pm and Friday 8.30 – 5pm
Out of term time: Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5pm (public holidays excepted)
You can simply drop-in or arrange an appointment by getting in touch on 01603 773 773 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a ‘matrix’ accredited service with qualified level 6 careers advisers.
‘The Matrix Standard is a unique quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.’